;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz! Board Board logo

標題: Louise Richardson Coplans in China [打印本頁]

作者: dmkggijg    時間: 2015-11-2 12:33     標題: Louise Richardson Coplans in China

Louise Richardson Coplans in China
shut down embassies around the Middle East based on (we now learn) communication from Al Qaeda in the Arabian Penninsula out of Yemen. Hundreds were freed in a prison break. Anti American violent leadership is now Yemen based. diplomats. drone strikes have been increasing, and drone surveillance to intercept more terror communication. Yemenis are said Louis Vuitton Factory Outlet Singapore to be suffering post traumatic stress from so many buzzing drones carrying death.
Is Yemen America Nike Roshe Run Online next war zone?
This painful set of developments has me thinking of Yemeni friends I made there 20 years ago a young couple. He was mid 20s, training to run his family mid range hotel in Sana the capital, the old part of which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site ( now) it go the way of Aleppo? His wife was Michael Kors Bags Malaysia a teenage girl, living with her parents, not really wife yet, she get there later. They seemed happy hanging out.
The people are what we miss in war stories, with notable exceptions like Anthony Shadid incredibly rich and profound coverage from inside Iraq. The people, their culture, the experience of exchange that comes from being places and immersing in conversations stoned out of your mind on the Louis Vuitton Handbags Singapore local stimulant of choice, qat, chewed with a mint or while sipping tea. Below, my friend is buying.)
Buying qat to chew in Sana Yemen
The war against terror informs distorts Cheap Nike Singapore inflects, effects, all we do overseas and how we experience the world as Americans. Who are these people of Yemen but harborers of terrorists? Al Qaeda new haunt?
So, I share my 20 year old photos of Yemen some Yemeni people.
Terror movements need 3 things: alienated constituents. People willing to be complicit. And a legitimizing ideology. This isn me; this is scholarship (Louise Richardson formerly of Harvard, now Vice Chancellor of the University of St. Andrews). It is motivated by 3 goals: revenge, renown, and reaction from the enemy. By this logic, massive military campaigns, ours (and Israel in many cases) simply give the enemy, here Al Qaeda   both the great renown and the horrific overreaction it seeks. There are "the stimulants it needs to prosper (Richardson).
Yet, scholars like Richardson tell us, what anti terror campaigns prove (Turkey's against the PKK, Peru's against the Shining Path, Britain's with the IRA) is that what is fundamentally a political challenge can only be addressed politically. By separating the terrorists from their base in the community, by addressing their grievances seriously.
Success requires maintaining the moral high ground. Which, to me, means remembering people. Faces, friends. We haven met them (yet). We don know eachother, most Yemenis and most Americans. But they will bear the consequences if we take the war to yemen. If we are to be fully human, let at least try to connect before we destroy.

thiamine

But don't get too upset   kids are definitely in their future.

canada

indicating that growth in this segment of the industry is accelerating.

歡迎光臨 MeiMei正妹交友論壇 (http://tt42.infowww.meimei888.com/discuz/) Powered by Discuz! 7.0.0