;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys p32jmtdz - 公告區 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys p32jmtdz

Yesterday’s highly anticipated internal election of the Mayor and City Council of Georgetown was supposed to be explosive. It ended up as a damp squib with incumbent Mayor Patricia Chase-Green being re-elected.Deputy Mayor elect, Lionel Jaikarran (left) and Mayor elect, Patricia Chase-GreenDeputy Mayor Sherod Duncan, who had promised to challenge the incumbent for Mayor withdrew from the process. “This is not the time for what we had hoped. I withdraw my candidacy for Mayor of Georgetown.”Duncan further said, “My own vision was to set us, within that framework, on a path to be a modern international city through the exercise of fiscal responsibility; meaningfully reengaging the business community and Private Sector, while recapitalizing City Hall towards efficiency and public service.”“In the last few days the local government process has been tainted with ministerial intervention and it is my belief that Councillors have been coerced to give their support in a particular direction to maintain the status quo, undermining the democratic process”,Bayern M��nchen Trikot 2019, Duncan further said.“I will not be contending for the Deputy Mayorship as this position requires someone more in tune with the incumbent Mayor’s thinking and work ethic,” Duncan added.The Councillors of the Mayor and City Council of Georgetown held their annual elections in the Council Chambers at City Hall yesterday. The election was held according to Section 9 (1) of the Municipal and District Councils Act 28:01 which states that the Mayor and Deputy Mayor shall be selected annually from amongst the persons entitled to vote at their elections.Resigned Deputy Mayor, Sherod DuncanFor voting by secret ballots seven Councillors supported the idea while 21 Councillors were against. Two Councillors abstained.Patricia Chase-Green was nominated by the Councillors for the next Mayor of the city of Georgetown. There were no challengers which resulted in Chase-Green becoming the Mayor elect for the year 2017.The Mayor elect was invited by the Town Clerk, Royston King to take the seat at the head of the Council and preside over the continuation of the election.As Mayor elect, Chase-Green said, “Firstly let me thank God for the great things he has done”.The Councillors were then invited to state their nominees for the position of Deputy Mayor of the city of Georgetown. Councillor Malcom Ferreira first nominated Councillor Carolyn Caesar. Councillor Phillip Smith nominated Councillor Lionel Jaikarran who gained 24 votes.Jaikarran who became immediately emotional as tears welled up in his eyes said, that the moment reminded him of when his first child was born. “I am very grateful that all of you have put your trust in me. I will be the same person I was yesterday as I will be on March 31, 2017.“I am not a politician and I am not a magician; things do not change overnight”, the Deputy Mayor elect said.The Mayor and Deputy take office on March 31.Chase-Green said, “I hope next year will be a year of more success, more development and I hope that the Council continues to work with the constituencies in a more closely brotherhood and sisterhood way in ensuring that Georgetown becomes a more better (sic) and modern city”.
返回列表