;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys moved to another popular song which - 公告區 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys moved to another popular song which

By Gary EleazarIn his opening presentation speaking to the 2009 Budget debates, leader of the Alliance For Change (AFC) Raphael Trotman told the house that the debates have descended into a season of sophistry and of eloquence; of empty rhetoric and boundless arrogance and ignorance.He posited that the annual debates have now become an annual event where parliamentarians willingly submit to pretending that all is well,Chris Chelios Jersey, and at the same time that nothing good had transpired since the previous occasion.The AFC leader also described the season as a time when Parliamentarians gloat of miniscule achievements as if they were gargantuan accomplishments, and diminish that which were worthy of acclaim.“It is the season of promoting illogical fiscal policies and programmes that have resulted from over-active imaginations.”As it relates to the actual budget that was presented by Finance Minister Dr Ashni Singh recently, Trotman described it as lacking vision and offering nothing exciting that proffers hope for improving the quality of life this year, and beyond. “Nothing jumps out at us to create that wow or yes effect,” Trotman opined.The AFC leader reminded the House that in the latter part of 2008, the party had stated that it was firmly of the opinion that the worldwide financial crisis would definitely affect Guyana in more significant ways than the Government has stated and would wish Guyanese to believe, and had called on the Government to display honesty on the issue.“The contagion effects of the global financial crisis would not escape Guyana, and already we are beginning to see signs of economic recession, as remittances decline; the falling away of gold and diamond prices, and of bauxite and forest products; and the marked decrease in spending power of the Guyanese working class.”Trotman said that the Government has been too complacent by simply saying that the country’s financial system is sufficiently insulated from worldwide shocks and tremors, which was in stark contrast to proactive measures in other Caribbean countries which have already began examining ways of staving off the harsh effects of the ongoing financial global meltdown.On the issue of the inflation rate in Guyana, Trotman noted that given the debacle of the Skeldon Sugar factory, heavy rains, and a decline in consumer spending,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China, the projected figure of six percent by the Finance Minister was artificial and was more in the vicinity of 9 to 10 per cent.As it relates to the country’s debt management, the AFC leader noted that the country should be concerned with the management of the expanding debt, “when by admission the debt grew by 16 per cent in 2008 to US$833.7M”.He pointed out that the issue becomes more acute as a result of a expected decline in consumer spending and reductions in tax revenue which were announced by the Minister in the Budget presentation.Another issue that the AFC leader addressed was Drainage and Irrigation. He told the House that it was the number one concern of farmers, large and small, as the current infrastructure is woefully inadequate.“We are told that in 2008, 3.8 billion dollars were spent on D&I yet at the end of the year tens of thousands of Guyanese were inundated by water…Where is the bang for the buck…Where has the money gone?”As it relates to the proposed $3B Hope Canal to relieve the East Demerara Conservancy, Trotman asked why legislators should approve billions dollars disbursement when “we have not been satisfied that Guyana would benefit from the money earmarked to be spent.”This comment by Trotman was in light of a 2003 report presented to the Government on a study on Natural Resources Management conducted by the Government of Germany. He pointed out that the report recommended many things, foremost amongst which was the establishment of a new settlement and town.“We are spending billions on saving the coast. We in the AFC believe that it is time to act wisely by preparing for the impact of climate change, and to be able to harness and optimize the benefits of the resources that we have been blessed with, by preparing to move to higher, safer ground.”MUSICAL RENDITIONIn light of the glowing presentations of life in Guyana by the various government speakers, Trotman told the house that he believes that music was one of the best means of expressing the true feelings of people.He pointed out that there is a popular song being played on the streets of every community in Guyana, and particularly the more depressed ones, called “Nothing To Smile About”, which he was asked to impress upon the members of the house, given that the lyrics of the song adequately and accurately described the situation in Guyana.“Look pon di gully side Do you see anything fi smile bout. Look at that hungry child. Do you see anything fi smile about…Look at the school weh deh youth dem go fi get dem education. Do you see anything fi smile bout?Look at the conditions of our police stations. Do you see anything fi smile bout?How can the nation be living this way… How can the government play so many games?Trotman, continuing in the same vain,China Jerseys Wholesale, moved to another popular song which, according to him, also adequately and accurately described life in Guyana.“Tell me how come there’s so much guns in the street an none a dem gun neva make here in (Guyana)…”“Mr. Minister of Labour, tell me how come thousands of young men around this country are without work and are unable to be men of purpose and fathers to their children…Tell me how come you claim that the private sector is the engine of growth yet casually ignore their entreaties for engagement and empowerment…”“Tell me how come Mr. Minister of Works and Prime Minister the people of Region 10 are struggling to survive, have to breathe harmful dust every day, have to beg for a road from Linden to Kwakwani, and can’t have the right to television of their choice…”“Tell me how come Ministers of Agriculture and Amerindian Affairs the people of Moruca, Mabaruma, Port Kaituma, and Matthews Ridge, and all other hinterland communities, are without jobs and opportunities and no markets are being provided for their crops…Tell me how come Honourable (Shaik) Baksh, little Tenesha De Souza of the Santa Rosa school had to drown in a pit latrine to remind you that her life is precious and that as a government you have a sacred duty to protect it when she is in your care and custody…How many more must die before flush toilets for our children is the acceptable standard that this government accepts…”“Tell me how come the people of the North West have to travel by ferry in inhumane conditions while we show off fleets of Prados…And how come we are making provisions for the roll on/roll off ferries when they are nowhere on the horizon…Tell me how come workers at the airport and elsewhere have to go on strike just to earn, and to be treated with, a little respect by this government…”“Tell me how come the sugar workers have to fight for their annual performance incentive, and even now efforts are afoot to deny them their just reward…Tell me Mr. Minister will they receive all of their 8.79 Annual Production Incentive by March 4,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys, 2009…Our sugar workers expect nothing less and await your response…Tell me how come there is no incentive or reward by way of an increase in salary for those public servants who toil tirelessly in this country…”“Tell me how come the President speaks of the diversification of hinterland economies, and yet there is nothing to support this desire in this budget…Tell me how come the youth of Guyana have been forgotten in this budget despite all the boasts that they are the future of our nation and have to be invested in the stay and develop our dear, green land of Guyana…”“Tell me why GPL is allowed to plunder the last dollars of the people, but yet is protected, and cuddled like a demon child,Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap, and be immune from investigation…Tell me how come the depressed inner city communities and the once proud villages along the coast are without opportunities and are being allowed to die slow painful deaths…Tell me how come tens of thousands of people had to wallow in filth, mud, and water when the rains came in December, again after billions were supposed to have been spent to protect their communities from ‘accumulation of water’… There is really, really,Cheap Jerseys USA, nothing to smile about. In fact Mr. Minister, don’t just tell me why, tell the people.”
返回列表