;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Bruce Hornsby 26 - 貼圖分享 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Bruce Hornsby 26

Dick Clark, who as variety of "American Bandstand" helped propel rock 'n' roll to cultural supremacy within the 1950s and 1960s, perished Wednesday, April 18 Ray Ban Clubmaster Review around Santa Monica, Calif.
Read a story with regards to his death, here.
Tributes are popping up across the globe. Here in Hampton Tracks it's not difficult to find someone who has a private memory of the man using the bright smile and relaxed, respectful personality.
Here are a few remembrances using local ties. Bonds, which grew up in Norfolk and began their musical career there:
[As informed to Mike Holtzclaw]
He required along on several of their Caravan of Stars shows. The entire content of them were all white behaves. So I traveled with him or her through Mississippi and Alabama and all around the South. After they would check into a hotel, I might hang out on the bus with the bus driver. They would bring my bags in and find checked in, and then we would likely drive the bus around again and they would sneak me to the hotel. If I wanted one thing to eat, I would call Bobby Rydell or maybe Fabian and say, can you receive me a sandwich? Sometimes Penis would come by and bring everyone something to eat and we would hang around in my room. We both similar to a little bottle of wine, so however come by my room and we might sit there for hours eating, drinking our wine, and preaching about music.
Music was what's important in his life. It really was. He loved it, and hubby knew everything about it. He / she know the why and what for about every group, every artist. He was a musical record book.
[His first meeting with Clark] Most importantly, he was responsible for this career. Bonds. You have to understand that when we started out down there inside the tri state area, most of us couldn get anyone to play Orleans within the radio. The only one who would be was Jack Holmes on Place in Norfolk, Daddy Holmes. The report was going down. People paid attention to it and they said, noise is inferior, or audio is not good. But most people drove up to Philadelphia and got a meeting with Dick Clark. Many of us played him the document, and he said, love it! He put it on American Bandstand, and it took off.
Bruce Hornsby, Grammy winner and Williamsburg area resident in town:
My run in with Dick Clark was at Farm Aid 2001, Hoosier Dome, in Indianapolis. I was undertaking solo and Dick appeared to be the MC for the indicate . I had no sound examine and I was playing the following crappy toy keyboard i could not hear in my observe, complete sonic nightmare . The good news is for me, Dick gave me a long intro . He was a great guy, a totally kind, happy man. I met your ex several times. [Hornsby never played "American Bandstand,In though.] Back then, we all never did Carson, either. Many of us thought it all felt just a little Vegas y. In hindsight, that was a stupid, snobbish attitude . Prick Clark was an admirable man. He seemed like a good dude in Michael Kors Outlet Usa a bad business.
Brian Messick, Daily Press circulation Polo Ralph Lauren Australia overseer:
Back in the 1980s, Dick Clark appeared to be producing a Michael Kors Handbag Australia series of Rock and Roll oldies packages that came to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg. He would appear and expose the acts that had grow to be famous, often as a direct result of Bandstand. And what lineups! Bo Diddley, the Angels, Danny and the Juniors, Gary Ough. S. Bonds, Lou Christie and there are more. I was fortunate enough to be backstage for many of these programs as well as Daily Press entertainment legend of the time Henry Edgar.
Three issues struck me.
First, Wang Clark lived up to his name as America Oldest Youngster. He Polo Shirts Perth looked and served energetic and youthful even face to face, up close!
Second, her wife Louis Vuitton Bags Replica Kari was a true lover in the enterprise. Always close to Dick, hair pulled back inside of a pony tail. Often throughout satin jacket. Always willing to jump in and Cheap Michael Kors Bags assist with anything was needed to get the present moving. They were a team in private and in business.
Finally, your dog was gracious and innovative of the talent that he ended up being presenting. Reporters would force to interview Dick pertaining to his impressive career. Mr. Clark instead would move to your back corner of the room politely insisting that interviewers consult with the talent for the weekend show. That was the best reminiscence the way he allowed this spotlight to shine again on the acts he offered.
From the Daily Press organize, May 22, 1983:
[Clark is at town as his "Good Ol' Rock 'n' Roll Show" featuring Bobby Lewis, Lou Barnes, Joey Dee, the Marvelettes the Drifters, Bo Diddley, the Precious gems and the Shirelles were playing over two days at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg. In advance he was interviewed by simply Daily Press reporter Carol Edgar]
Dick Clark: "From the time I was your youngster, I've always tried to perform more than was humanly possible. It won't seem to bother me how the goals I set for myself are too high. I just preserve chipping away at the load. As I get older, I've found I am able to do five times more than I could truthfully 10 years ago. Rentals Comm. Tasks Watchdog Nation/World Reader Uploads Sea2SkyHealth NotesStreet SmartShad PlankState wipes out 460 contract, wants money back from contractorPeninsula localities Fred Perry Shop Sydney seek grocers for neighborhood rehabCommunities Newport News Hampton York/Poquoson Gloucester Co.

http://matchlessrecordings.com/search/node/

http://bbs.xbkfw.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6208845

http://www.88822.com/#03666/read.php?tid=980

http://travideos.com/search/E_GuestBook.asp
返回列表