;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Anthony Steen Dolphins Jersey ycz1lhrb - 女女交友 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Anthony Steen Dolphins Jersey ycz1lhrb

By Ralph Seeram“Boy Guyana looking good. I mean things have really improved. The PPP Government is doing a good job”. “Well,” I replied to my friend on the other end of the phone, “some people feel the opposite. They feel the Government has not done anything”.My friend had just returned from Guyana a few days ago after spending a little over a week.  Now I value my friend’s opinion. We have known each other for over forty years, and he visits Guyana frequently. In addition, he was a former journalist and Attorney in Guyana, worked in the legal field in the Caribbean including that of Attorney General in one of the Caribbean countries. He also writes on Caribbean affairs for a Caribbean media outlet.I have had similar views expressed by Guyanese in the Diaspora who recently visited their homeland. Of course, not all overseas based visiting Guyanese can express the same sentiments. Some we know were murdered while others had been robbed. And while these incidents no doubt deterred many Guyanese from visiting Guyana, they do not detract from the visible progress the country has made during the past years.I say visible because most opinions are formed by what visitors see during their short say. No doubt critics of the government, will say otherwise “they don’t live here they don’t know”. Critics are just that, critics, they will never see anything positive, but you know what,China NFL Hoodies, it is healthy to have criticism, any government must be open for criticism, and despite all this talk of lack of democracy in Guyana, the PPP government  has received its share of criticism and justifiably so, including some from this writer.In the United States, President Barack Obama is constantly being criticized for the state of the economy, a recession that just keeps hanging on, very high unemployment (by U S standards,) most of the flack coming from the Republicans who see no progress under the Obama administration.They however conveniently forgot that the economy collapsed under Republican President George Bush.When Obama came to power,Throwback Jerseys, millions of workers were being laid off, the housing industry had already collapsed, and major banks were bankrupt. Glaring examples– one of the world’s largest banks, Citibank, was going under. The world’s largest car manufacturer, General Motors Corporation (GMC) was going bankrupt.The largest US Brokerage House, Merrill Lynch, collapsed because of the mortgage meltdown. So did one of the world’s largest insurance companies. These companies were not only pivotal to the U S economy, but also to financial markets around the world.The Obama administration bailed out these companies as well as other companies vital to the economy (with borrowed money). Today those companies have returned to profitability and are repaying the Government. The Obama administration stopped the bleeding; the economy has stabilized in the two and a half years he has been in office.Today, to hear his critics, one would think nothing was done and he is to be blamed for the state of the US economy. It’s all in the eye of the beholder.So we return to Guyana and the debate will continue on the performance of the PPP Government. It is foolish to argue that Guyana has not progressed under the PPP Government, considering the state of the economy when it assumed power. It’s a “done deal”; the evidence is there to see.Some critics “cherry pick” isolated situations to support their arguments,Angel Di Maria Jersey, but some may argue that the Jagdeo administration should be judged on the totality of its performance. I would like to see the discourse move to where the Government could have performed better, if it should have produced more with taxpayers’ dollars, where it needs to improve performance, and fiscal responsibility.Personally I have a problem with the government’s transparency and accountability, and I have stressed that in earlier columns.A few weeks ago I asked the PPP presidential candidate,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, Donald Ramotar, his views on crime and corruption in Guyana. While acknowledging the seriousness of the crime situation and some level of corruption, he also pointed out that in his view the situation is really being overblown by critics and the media.Again here it is the eyes of the beholder. While we are on the subject of Mr. Ramotar, I tried to get his views on the upcoming elections. Mr. Ramotar stressed that he is not taking the elections lightly but expressed the view that the PPP will win the elections based on its performance.My view is that the elections will be close. Internally, I think that Mr. Ramotar will have to “break bread” with the GAWU stalwarts of the PPP, Komal Chand,Sale NFL Jerseys, Navin Chandarpal etc, to get them on the campaign trail.He will need every vote he can muster if he is to be President. The problem for the PPP is that some of its disaffected supporters may stay away from the voting booth.One must not under underestimate Mr. Ramotar as some have done. He was one of the main architects of the PPP victory in the last three elections, and the man knows how to win elections. We have heard critics claim how he may be influenced by Mr. Jagdeo if he becomes President. I have my doubts about that.I feel he will chart his own course. He seems to be a compassionate person and a very good listener. But here again it is the eyes of the beholder.Yes,China NFL Jerseys, The PPP will be judged on its performance, and if Mr. Ramotar is going to be President, it will be up to the eyes of the beholder, the Guyanese voters.Ralph Seeram can be reached at email: [email protected]
返回列表